What a fantastic Shad Fest weekend we had! It was truly wonderful to see so many moving parts come together to create an atmosphere of community and such a successful event. So many of the thousands of visitors who came to enjoy “everything SHAD” as well as countless locals told me how lucky we are to live in such an amazing city, and I cannot agree more! Thankfully Mother Nature was in a great mood, and she provided us with two gorgeous days.
I want to take this opportunity to thank the fabulous members of our great city and surrounding areas who provide their services to ensure we are all safe and that Shad Fest happens: Mayor, Andrew Nowick; Lt. Robert Brown and the entire law enforcement team; City Clerk Cindy Ege; Deputy Clerk Lindsay Hansche; Deputy Treasurer, Susan Bacorn; Public Works Director Lester Meyers and the entire Public Works team; Fire Inspector Susan Schlesinger; Chief Mike Barlow of Lambertville Fire District 1 and the entire team; Chief, Jason Strauss of Lambertville-New Hope EMS and the entire team; CERT Team Members from Lambertville, Clinton, Raritan, Holland and Reading; Hunterdon County OEM; West Amwell Police; The Ski Patrol; Nora Linderman and her team of volunteers; Lambertville MUA; Donald Hart; Vern Barlow.
- The All-Volunteer Chamber of Commerce Board Members who were instrumental in bringing Shad Fest 2023 to life
- Eric Rounds, Chamber Webmaster, creator of all things Shad Fest
- Our sponsors without whom Shad Fest would not be possible: Capital Health, Jersey’s Best, Lambertville Station, Stark & Stark, Xfinity, Bucks County Academy of Fencing, PNC Bank, Rago, The College of NJ, Unity Bank, Woolverton Inn, Davis & Brusca
- Amy Coss, Jane Wesby, Carol Cruickshanks and all the artists and volunteers who donate their time to the Jim Hamilton Shadfest Poster Auction Scholarship Fund
- Wayne Susser, Lambertville Station, and Genesis Hospitality for hanging the banner and Chez Alice for providing a nice breakfast for our volunteers.
- Ashley Roesler, Chamber Board Member and The Lambertville House, for giving us meeting space and ground zero all weekend
- Keven Griffin, Graphic Designer and creator of this year’s branding
- Jay Garrison– Lambertville Life – for all the great photos
- Steve Meserve – for the one Shad that was caught on Saturday…and all the Shad caught over the last few decades
- Jeff Fetzko, Chamber Board Member, for the fabulous t-shirts
- Laura Ochalski, Chamber volunteer, for her assistance with vendor relations
Shad Fest Survey – In the coming weeks we will be sending a survey. We will ask some specific questions and you will have the opportunity to share your insights, questions, and feedback. It is my hope to continue to find ways to make Shad Fest an opportunity for your business and a positive and profitable experience for all.
All my best, Lisa